Mothers' Milk Bank
Seeking Donor Moms!
|Mothers' Milk Bank at SCVMC
|Click The Logo Picture To Visit!!
|PROUD CHARTER MEMBER OF
|CLICK LOGO TO VISIT HMBANA
Our Mission Statement
Our mission at the Mothers' Milk Bank at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center is to meet
an important national health need by collecting, processing and distributing donor human milk.
The Mothers' Milk Bank at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center will be a leader in advancing the use of donor human
milk to improve the quality of human life.
About Mothers' Milk Bank
The Mothers’ Milk Bank, located at Valley Medical Center in San Jose, California, is a
licensed tissue bank that has been providing service for nearly 30 years. As a charter member of the Human Milk Banking
Association of North America, the Mothers' Milk Bank has been a leader in this endeavor. Since 1974, over 4000 donors
have provided over 1.5 million ounces of milk to the tiniest of premature infants, babies and toddlers who are failing to
thrive, or have life-threatening diseases or conditions, and children who have failing immune systems or catastrophic diseases
Donor milk offers all of the benefits of human milk for the infant or child, including optimal nutrition, easy
digestibility, growth factors to promote maturation and healing of tissues, immunologic protection and infection-fighting
components. For some children this is the only source of nutrition that allows them to grow and develop without allergic
symptoms. In the past 30 years, there has never been a documented disease or illness transmisson through processed human
The processed human milk is dispensed only by physician prescription or by hospital purchase order. Information
is provided on the use of the milk. There is a processing and transport fee charged for receiving processed milk.
Our Guiding Values
- We believe in the importance of breast-feeding for all infants.
- We are dedicated to educating both the medical community and the general community about the importance
of human donor milk.
- We believe in research to enhance the knowledge of human donor milk benefits.
- We are dedicated to continuous improvement in the processes that allow us to serve our clients.
- We recognize and appreciate the importance of volunteers and donors to the success of our organization.
- We value independence from commercial influence and are dedicated to operating as a non-profit organization.
- We value coordination and collaboration with other organizations with common interests.
- We recognize the importance of community support.
|Donor Breastmilk Made All The Difference To Both Elliott and His Baby Sister Maria!
MMB Contact Info
Valley Medical Center
751 S. Bascom Ave.
San Jose, CA 95128
Phone: (408) 998-4550
Fax: (408) 297-9208
Nonprofit ID: #77-0131926
|The Lact-Aid Spplemental Nursing System
|Click The Picture To Learn More!!
Click Here To Make A Difference Today!