- Mary, Mother of Jesus
- Princess Grace of Monaco
- Princess Caroline of Monaco, oldest child of Princess Grace
- Diana, Princess of Wales
- Queen Elizabeth II of England breastfed Prince Charles. (The book, "The Royals," spends about two paragraphs telling about
the Queen breastfeeding the infant prince. It goes on to say that this fact couldn't be publicized at the time because it
would be considered bad manners to discuss the "royal breasts.")
- Queen Sirikit, of Thailand
- Kelly Ripa, actress and talk show host
- Jada Pinkett Smith, actress, and wife of Will Smith (EXTENDED NURSER!)
- Andie McDowell, model, actress
- Holly Robinson, actress (TWINS!)
- Keely Shaye-Smith, companion of Pierce Brosnan
- Anita Baker, singer
- Connie Selleca, actress. Her husband John Tesh, talked proudly on TV about EXTENDED BREASTFEEDING
- Mia Farrow, actress
- Katherine Ross, actress
- Jayne Kennedy, actress
- Susan St. James, actress
- Linda Kelsey, actress
- Mariette Hartley, actress
- Demi Moore, actress
- Adrianne Barbeaux, actress, over 50 and nursing TWINS!
- Melissa Gilbert, actress
- Cybil Shepard, actress (TWINS!)
- Rita Wilson, actress wife of Tom Hanks
(she commented at some award show, perhaps the Oscars,
that they couldn't
stay out late and her dress *fit* so well because she was breastfeeding!)
- Madonna, singer and actress
(who can forget her singing on the Rosie Show that "the milk truck" is the only role I
- Jane Seymour, actress (TWINS!)
- Julia Roberts (TWINS plus one!)
- Lindsay Wagner, actress (The Bionic Woman),
and a strong supporter of breastfeeding, nursed her children for an extended
period of time
- Cathy Rigby, gymnast, olympic gold medalist
- Mary Lou Retton, gymnast, olympic gold medalist
- Mrs. Jordan, Michael Jordan's mom breastfed him for 3 YEARS
and said "I feel that is why he is the
athlete he is."
- Cheryl Swopes, BB player
- Joan Rivers, talk show host and comedienne
- Tracy Pollan, actress, wife of Michael J. Fox
- Christie Brinkley, model
- Nicole Simpson
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- Marilu Henner, actress
- Julianne Moore, actress
- Patricia Richardson, actress (TWINS!)
- Carly Simon, singer (ex-wife of James Taylor), breastfed her children long term
- Valerie Bertinelli, actress
- Katie Couric, host, Today Show
- Pamela Anderson Lee (WITH IMPLANTS!)
- Ruth Pointer, singer (TWINS!)
- Miss Lillian breastfed, Jimmy Carter, but bottlefed Billy (not confirmed)
- Soccer Mega Star Pele's mom breastfed him for 5 YEARS!
- Laurie Metcalf, actress
- Ursula Andress, actress
- Sophia Lauren, actress
- Meryl Streep, actress
- Jacqueline Smith, actress
- Kathie Lee Gifford, talk show host and singer
- Carrie-Anne Moss from the Matrix movies (OVER 1 YEAR)
- Catherine Bell, actress
- Gwyneth Paltrow, actress
- Debra Messing, actress
- Cindy Crawford, model
- Jane Kaczmarek, actress
- Celine Dion, singer
- Sarah MacLachlan, singer
- Victoria Beckham aka Posh Spice from the Spice Girls (WITH IMPLANTS!)
- Angie Harmon, actress
- Gwen Stefani (OVER ONE YEAR)
- Courtney Cox-Arquette (OVER ONE YEAR)
- Will Ferrell's lovely wife
- Tammy Lynn Michaels, Wife of Rocker Melissa Ethridge (TWINS!)
- Kelli Carpenter, Rosie O'Donnel's Wife (Rosie admits to forcing her to stop at 6 weeks due to jealousy issues)
- Katie Holmes breastfed baby Suri, her child with husband Tom Cruise
- Angelia Jolie breastfed baby Shilo, her child with Brad Pitt
- Nicole Richie is currently breastfeeding and/or pumping for baby Harlow, her child with Joel Madden
- It is known thet Brittney Spears breastfed for a short time with each of her children.
- Gabrielle Reece, superstar volleyball player, breastfed both of her children.
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Co-Host of The View, breastfed all her children for a time. It should be known she also does ads
for a cormula company, which is unfortunate.
- Access Hollywood host Nancy O'Dell, aged 41
- Actress Helena Bonham Carter, 41 breastfed both of her children
- Leighanne Littrell, wife of Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell
- Barrett McIntyre, wife of NKOTB star Joey McIntyre breastfeeds their son, Griffin Thomas
- Courtney Thorne-Smith, 40
- Jenna Elfman
- Reality star Trista Sutter
- Christina Aguilera, has stated recently that her plan is to nurse at least 2 years!
- Angelie Jolie, has been very public with her plan to breastfeed her upcoming twins!
- Salma Hayak
- Jamie Lynn Spears. Teen mom, had her baby at just 16 years of age.
...................and many more mothers that I have missed!!!
Celebrity Moms Talk About Breastfeeding
Singer-songwriter Tori Amos shocked her fans
this fall when she announced the birth of her baby girl. Word of her pregnancy was kept hush-hush, while Amos was quick to
remark on the first time she nursed her daughter. "An ounce of breastmilk is even more potent than the finest tequila."
Singer and actress Erykah Badu, who is getting ready to release her latest album since her critically acclaimed
1997 debut Baduizm, recently talked to Launch.com reporter Lucy Tauss about becoming a mother in the last few years.
""When I first had the baby,
I was breastfeeding for two years straight, so we were together for two years of his life - every day, all hours of the day.
So I was two people, and I eventually morphed back into one. Now he's part of me. He's very independent as a result of it.
I thought it was going to be the opposite," she added. "I was very worried that he was going to be attached since we were
together every day, but I guess it made him feel comfortable: 'I know she's around. She'll be there.' It made me feel like
a very responsible person and tidy, and my health was better because I'm now responsible for someone's whole reason for being."
As of December 1999, Cindy was nursing her five-month-old baby.
Earlier that month, the supermodel mom filled in for Kathy Lee Gifford on Regis and Kathy Lee. One of our members caught the
episode and reports:
I think she's such a great advocate for breastfeeding as she makes it seem such a natural part of
parenting and life. Regis was holding up pictures of her son and she said, "I'm nursing him, so you'd better put those away
or there'll be a problem here." Then she said, "All you women, you understand."
You saw the Jodie Foster film "Anna and the King" and you thought
Jodie has dieted her way down to pre-pregnancy weight? Well, according to an article in the New York Daily News, Jodie has
slimmed down after the birth of her son in September 1998 by breastfeeding.
"I just couldn't stop losing weight with
the breastfeeding," Jodie said in the Daily News article. "I ate as much as I possibly could, but I kept losing. You'll see
why when you meet Charlie. He's a stocky guy, and he likes to eat and eat more. You cook it, he'll eat it." . . . .
OK, so she's not a supermodel or
a Hollywood actress, but Arcelia Garcia made headlines when the grandmother of 13 gave birth to healthy triplet girls on Jan.
8. At 54, Garcia is three years older than the average age of menopause. For that reason, some doctors feared the babies
would be born with chromosomal problems, but the babies and mom were doing fine just days after the birth.
24 issue of People magazine reported that Garcia planned on breastfeeding all three babies. "They're healthier that way,"
she told People magazine.
The October issue of Vanity Fair featured a picture of model and
actress Jerry Hall breastfeeding her and Mick Jagger's son, Gabriel. The picture was taken by celebrity photographer Annie
Leibovitz and is featured in Leibovitz's latest book entitled "Women."
In the photo, Jerry is elegantly dressed (heels
and everything) sitting in a chair, breastfeeding her son. Some of our members posted their thoughts about the picture on
our message boards.
"It's like she is saying, look at me breastfeeding and how glamorous it can be too, and she's not
too worried about an "accident" on her designer outfit!," wrote one member.
Country Music Network recently aired a biography of singer Faith
Hill (who is married to country star Tim McGraw). One of our members reports that in the program, Faith talked about how she
would take breaks from shooting her latest music video to breastfeed her daughter.
"I think that's wonderful, and I'm
glad to hear that she said that, so that some of her fans might be encouraged to do the same," one of members posted on the
People magazine from the week of November 25 featured an article
on supermodel Elle McPherson. In the article, Elle is identified as a nursing mom. She breastfeeds her son, Flynn.
of members says, "This is really great PR for breastfeeding, as several formula-feeding moms that I have talked to didn't
want to breastfeed because it would "wreck my boobs". That reason really looks silly given that a gorgeous supermodel who
makes her living off of her looks and figure breastfeeds!"'
Karenna Gore Schiff
Vice President Al Gore's oldest daughter Karenna is a breastfeeding mom to six-month-old son
Wyatt Gore Schiff. The New York Observer published an article about Karenna earlier in 1999. The article said, "...Ms. Schiff's
life has been one long scheduling crisis, between classes as a third-year Columbia law student, breastfeeding little Wyatt
and getting on the horn with Gore campaign consultant Bob Squier.
Karenna has been helping out with her father's 2000
presidential campaign. The New York Observer article also mentioned how in the early 1980's, Al Gore attacked Nestle for marketing
its infant formula to Third World countries. At the same time, Tipper Gore banned all Nestle products from the Gore household.
recently told ThatGlow.com her thoughts on breastfeeding.
"I am totally supportive of nursing in public. I feel like if your
baby is hungry and screaming, you gotta do what you gotta do. I can remember one time I was nursing in Central Park and I
was fantasizing that I would get arrested and be thrown in jail for nursing. I imagined that I would then lead a massive picket
line of nursing mothers. I get that from my Mom - she nursed us and is very certain and strong about doing things in a natural
I think that we have to do a lot more as a society to accommodate working mothers. Breast feeding in itself is
a real challenge. I had this vision of breast feeding lounges or something. I’ve found that since I’ve had my
baby I find that other mothers are the most helpful."
Proud Celebrity Moms Breastfeed Publicly!
|WIL FERRELL AND HIS WIFE, BREASTPUMP IN TOW!
|TAMMY LYNN MICHAELS AND WIFE MELISSA ETHRIDGE
|PHOTO COURTESY OF US WEEKLY
|LUCY LAWLESS aka XENA, THE WARRIOR PRINCESS!
|JULIA ROBERTS, TWINS AND THE NEW BABY! ALL NURSED!
|SUPERMODEL JERRY HALL, EX-WIFE OF MICK JAGGER
|KEELY SHAYE SMITH AND HUSBAND PIERCE BROSNAN
|NEWS ARTICLE ON BREASTFEEDING CELEBS
|PHOTO COURTESY OF W MAGAZINE